ECOMOG - Birds of a Feather - [MP3] [Video]

     Let's hope the power doesn't go out again this time, I'm blogging in the path of hurricane Irene right now! I recently ran across this dope video for a single by ECOMOG called "The Rain". Mad props on the lyrics and overall production! Actually, the rain is REALLY coming down right now. I've rode out 5 or 6 hurricanes that I can remember, but for some reason this one seems a lil spookier... My life has always been somewhat ironic anyway and I can def relate to the crazy story-line of the video. Needless to say this track was painting my current scenery, listening while I checked on the status of the storm. Again you can check out the video here.      I looked up ECOMOG (which stands for e.very c.hange o.ccurs m.usically o.ver g.enerations) and found some more of their pages which are listed below.  The best way I can describe them is electro-retro hip-hop.  Retro-style flow over electro-style and sampled beats.  Some tracks have clips from the 70's and 80's like on "Cant Stop the Illness" from their previous project: The Message. Check out their fb page and their new project "Birds of a Feather" which has a solid 13 tracks. I even went through the trouble to embed the album here so listen!

This vid from ECOMOG titled "I Need A Dollar" (feat. Aloe Blacc & Au) has over 1.6 million views:

TSUFacebookInstagramGoogle PlusLinkedInRSS Feed