Artist Spotlight: Jon Prophet

J. Goins, Editor - Wilmington, NC

     Enter the world of Jon Prophet, an eclectic artist from Austin, Texas. He does it all, from Acoustic and Electric Guitar to Bass & Vocals.  His latest album, "A New Religion", is like a trip through space and time.  I had to ask him where he gets his inspiration, he gave me one of the most unique answers that I've come across: "...I write lyrics from a subconscious place so it's hard to say where that comes from. Kind of a galaxy of images in my head." Other than that, the Prophet is inspired by nature, film, other music, and conversation, all of which makes his music very real.

"How will you know when you are successful?"
Jon: "Success for me creatively, [is] when I hear something that excites me coming back out of the speakers at from a recording I have just done; economically, when I can legitimately say that my creative efforts pay for 100% of my lifestyle." 

"I hear ya! What's something that you always do before you begin to record a track?"
Jon: "Mostly, I flesh out ideas in demo form... that's just me sitting in a room jamming until something comes to me. Before the studio recordings, I like to meditate..." 

"Ok, anything that you would like to accomplish with your music?"
Jon: "I'd like to have a strong fan-base and tour internationally! I would like to collaborate on projects with other artists that I admire. And of course continue to explore my creative potential as an artist." 

     The music is very enjoyable, I've been playing it all evening!  I can see myself putting the CD in on a long trip and zoning out.  The music is high in energy and emotion.  The lyrics are capturing; I found myself rewinding over and over to catch the meaning of each song.  
     "I want to offer something that has lasting value for listeners that they can still get something out of years from when they first listened to it," says Jon and I believe in his vision. You can take my word for it, but I'd encourage you to give it a listen. Check out the album "A New Religion" posted below and check out his website at http://jonprophetmusic.com.

 


TSUFacebookInstagramGoogle PlusLinkedInRSS Feed